COVID 19 Policy – Our commitments to the highest level of safety
=Updated on 14th July 2021 =
We have always been dedicated to the highest levels of hygiene in our clinic, but we are now following updated recommendations from our governing body (The Institute of Soft Tissue Therapists), the Government & Public Health England. We are doing our best to keep them as common-sense and seamless for you, our clients, as possible.
Some therapists as well as some clients attending the Clinic might not be vaccinated due to ineligibility, medical contraindications/ exemptions or personal preference. We respect everyone’s right to privacy. LFD (Lateral Flow) testing is carried out by all therapists twice weekly as a minimum. If you have any concerns, please us know.
Booking your appointment, Appointment Reminder, Payment:
- A CODIV 19 screening questionnaire is now part of the booking process – this is aimed at ensuring that we are only seeing you when you are healthy.
- We suggest that you pay at time of booking, with full refund should you wake up with C19 symptoms and call us to cancel at least 12 hours before your appointment time – this ensures that we minimise contact with surfaces, but also protects us from No Shows which are very detrimental to our earnings.
- You will receive your usual reminder 24 hours before your appointment, reminding you to reschedule unless you are fit and healthy.
Arrival at the clinic:
- In order to avoid too many people gathering in the waiting area, please time your arrival for 2 or 3 minutes before your start time, giving time to use the bathroom to wash your hands. If the bathroom is busy there is a hand-sanitiser unit on the wall by the inner entrance door.
- At your arrival at the clinic, we will verbally scan you for C19 symptoms at the door – this ensures that we keep our clinic safe for everyone.
- Please be considerate of differing sensitivities around masks & social distancing when in enclosed, shared spaces like the hallway and waiting area.
During your appointment:
- We will ask all clients to read and sign a short consent form before receiving treatment, in addition to our usual client intake form.
- A window will remain ajar during your session to enhance the circulation of fresh air.
- Even after July 19th, we will protect you by wearing a mask for the duration of the treatment as well as a head visor when working above your face. We kindly ask that you protect us too by wearing a face covering too, unless medically exempt.
- Our infection control procedures remain stringent, with an additional level of vigilance in order to avoid the necessity to wear gloves and apron during treatment.
Heightened cleaning and infection control processes:
We will be monitoring our health via Lateral Flow Testing twice a week. If we, or a household member, are experiencing any symptoms, or we are a contact, we will cancel or reschedule your booking with another therapist while we comply with the relevant self-isolation requirements.
During the gap between clients, we will open the door and windows to ventilate the room, disinfect any equipment used and wipe down the table, chair, treatment couch, surfaces and door handles.
We have changed the towelling couch covers and cushions for wipeable PVC varieties and we will be using couch roll for your comfort.
All coverings are commercially laundered after each session.
As in the past, the clinic will be cleaned, and bins emptied at the end of each day.
Please do not come in if…
You, or a member of your household, are experiencing one of the C19 symptoms, which include signs of a cold.
If you have returned from overseas, tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the clinic until you have completed the necessary self-isolation period and testing.
And finally, …
We understand that some of you may find these measures old hat and over-fussy after the 19th July. However the pandemic is still active and our priority is your safety, as well as ours and our families’. We believe that once you start your treatment, you’ll find yourself back in a familiar, relaxing place with a sense of safety.
Thank you for your understanding, trust and continued support!
Photo by Christine Sandu on Unsplash
14th June 2020