COVID 19 Policy – Our commitments to the highest level of safety
We know that you may be a little anxious about the safety in receiving a massage at our clinic. We want to update you on the measures we are putting in place to keep us all safe and relaxed. We have always been dedicated to the highest levels of hygiene in our clinic, but we are now following additional recommendations from our governing body (The Institute of Soft Tissue Therapists), the Government & Public Health England. We are doing our best to keep them as common-sense and seamless for you, our clients, as possible. They will change with time, but here is a start:
Booking your appointment, Appointment Reminder, Payment:
- A CODIV 19 screening questionnaire is now part of the booking process – this is aimed at ensuring that we are only seeing you when you are healthy.
- We ask for payment at time of booking, with full refund should you wake up with C19 symptoms and call us to cancel at least 4 hours before your appointment time – this ensures that we minimise contact with surfaces, but also protects us from No Shows which are very detrimental to our earnings.
- You will receive your usual reminder 24 hours before your appointment, reminding you to reschedule unless you are fit and healthy.
Arrival at the clinic:
- In order to avoid too many people gathering in the waiting area, please time your arrival for 2 or 3 minutes before your start time, giving time to use the bathroom to wash your hands. If the bathroom is busy there is a hand-sanitiser unit on the wall by the inner entrance door.
- At your arrival at the clinic, we will verbally scan you for C19 symptoms at the door – this ensures that we keep our clinic safe for everyone.
- We ask all clients to arrive at the Clinic wearing a face mask and to leave wearing the mask (until we are advised this is no longer required). Please consider investing in a reusable mask for our environment’s sake. We will stock disposable masks for sale at £1 should you need one.
- Please make sure to practice social distancing when in closed, shared spaces like the hallway and waiting area.
During your appointment:
- We will ask all clients to read and sign a short consent form before receiving treatment, in addition to our usual client intake form.
- A window will remain ajar during your session to enhance the circulation of fresh air.
- We will wear a suitable face covering for the duration of the treatment as well as a head visor for the hands-on portion of the appointment.
- Our hand-washing procedures remain stringent, with an additional level of vigilance in order to avoid the necessity to wear gloves during treatment.
- As usual, we change into our clinic uniforms as we arrive at the Clinic and change t-shirts between session as necessary. This enhances cross-contamination protection.
Heightened cleaning and infection control processes:
We will be monitoring our health via daily temperature checks, a measure that will apply to our household members too. If we, or a household member, are experiencing any symptoms, we will cancel or reschedule your booking with another therapist while we comply with the relevant self-isolation requirements.
During the gap between clients, we will open the door and windows to improve air flow, disinfect any equipment used and wipe down the table, chair, treatment couch, surfaces and door handles. We will be using hydrogen peroxide disinfectant – this is a highly potent anti-viral product, but touch-safe for humans.
We have changed the towelling couch covers for wipeable PVC and we will be using sheets and couch roll for your comfort. These also act as additional protective barriers. The face hole will be lined with a hand towel and protective paper for your comfort, under the obligatory sheet of couch roll. Any pillows used will have wipeable cases or will be covered by a clean towel.
All coverings are commercially laundered after each session. Our trusted Super Laundry partners use Ozone Technology (hello, NASA!) and dry at 180 degrees for 55 minutes.
As in the past, the clinic will be cleaned, and bins emptied at the end of each day.
If we are advised that anyone with Covid 19 has accessed the clinic we will close the building and carry out a deep clean, or as further instructed by the Track & Trace team.
Please do not come in if…
You, or a member of your household, are experiencing one of the following symptoms:
- High temperature – this means that you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour or have 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you usually have a cough this may be worse than usual.
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have notices you cannot smell or taste anything or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the clinic for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
And finally, …
We understand that these new measures might seem over-fussy. However, we believe that once you start your treatment, you’ll find yourself back in a familiar, relaxing place with a sense of safety.
Thank you for your understanding, trust and continued support!
Photo by Christine Sandu on Unsplash
14th June 2020